Blocked Sphenoid Sinus - Headache: Affects the Mental Health of a PersonHeadache indicates a pain in the head. Headaches can be either mild or severe. Medically headache is termed as 'cephalgia.' Causes of headaches are many and varied. For example, stress and tension in one's life leads to headache. Lifestyle pressure with high demands of jobs, high workloads creates tension thereby leading to headache. There are also certain other factors which precipitate headaches such as insomnia which is caused due to lack of proper sleep, lack of proper appetite and the like.
Sinus headache is a type of headache which is caused due to the pressure of the sinus cavities. Sinus headache is felt by pain and compassion in the sinus areas, nasal blocking and swelling of the face, facial pain fever etc. The common aspect of sinusitis is generally the common cold. Sinus headache can be overcome through simple medication of painkillers like paracetamol, aspirin etc, by inhaling steam, hot drinks like soup, tea coffee and rest. Sinus headache if not taken precaution will lead to pneumonia and bronchitis. Sinus headache which is characterized by sinus cavities affects the eyes too. But it is to be noted out here that headache either mild or severe should be consulted with the doctor and thus necessary precautions should thereby be undertaken to prevent it. Nothing abusive about Sinus Cavities have been intentionally added here. Whatever it is that we have added, is all informative and productive to you.
- Headaches are mainly of four types; namely, vascular headache, myogenic headache, traction headache and inflammatory headache.
- The most common type of vascular headache is migraine, which is characterized by a pain which is severe in either or both the sides of the brain.
- Migraine often leads to blur vision and sometimes creates an upset stomach.
- Migraine is a pulsating form of headache which is unilateral associated with vomiting, nausea, depression and sensitivity to sound, light, smell etc.
- Migraine causes are unknown.
- Causes of migraine headache are many and varied.
- For example, stress and tension in one's life leads to headache.
- Lifestyle pressure with high demands of jobs, high workloads creates tension thereby leading to migraine.
- More than 75% of women are migraine sufferers.
- Another form of vascular headache is cluster headache which is caused due to high blood pressure.
- Headache caused by tension is the most common form of myogenic headache, which tightens or tenses facial and neck muscles.
- The traction and inflammatory types of headaches are caused due to a disorder which ranges from strokes to sinus infection.
- Headaches are generally harmless and can be diagnosed though persistent care is necessary for vascular headache especially for migraine.