Neti Pot - How to Use a Neti Pot in Three Simple StepsOne nasal irrigation system which is widely used in the U.S. is the Neti Pot. Through the use of a small, strange-looking ceramic teapot, all the little nooks and crannies that you have in your sinuses are cleared of mucus. This nasal cleansing technique may feel strange when executed, but this natural method of medical treatment may be more effective than medication. This is because it mechanically flushes out the main cause of sinusitis that sticks into the nasal cavities - the mucus.
Remember, it is still advisable that you consult your family doctor, or an ear, nose, and throat specialist before trying this nasal irrigation treatment on your own. Sinus Problems came into being some time back. However, would you believe that there are some people who still don't know what a Sinus Problems is?
You experience nasal irritation or stinging, or any other mild side effects, try to do the following modifications to minimize those unwanted reactions: - reduce the amount of salt in the solution - adjust the frequency of use - change the temperature of the water Sinus are basically interesting parts of our day-to-day life. It is only that sometimes, we are not aware of this fact!
- When you have a sinus infection, the mucus membranes get inflamed and infected, and the secretions of your sinuses become excessively sticky.
- If not washed out of your sinuses, this causes headaches, facial pain, and clogged nasal passages.
- Saltwater thins the mucus, or the sticky secretions, to help flush it out of your nasal passages.
- It reduces the size of the inflamed tissues by drawing out the excess moisture.
- When the inflamed tissues get smaller, the openings of the sinuses get bigger.
- This, in turn, makes the mucus, together with the bacteria, allergens, and other irritants that cause sinus problems, drain better.
Step Three: Nasal Cleansing on the Second NostrilBlow your nose to empty it of any remaining saline solution. Refill your Neti Pot and repeat the process described on Step Two for your other nostril. It is of no use thinking that you know everything, when in reality, you don't know anything! It is only because we knew so much about Sinus Infection that we got down to writing about it!
- Since the solution is going to flow through your nasal cavity, it is possible that the fluid is going to run into your throat.
- Just in case this happens, simply spit it out.
You are one of those millions of people suffering from chronic sinusitis, follow these simple steps to ease the symptoms of your sinusitis:
Why does it need to be lukewarm water with salt? Using regular water can be irritating to your sinuses. If you use cold water, it may make you feel that you are drowning in a pool. Saline solution, or saltwater, on the other hand, is the natural solution for the mucus membranes. The simple truth is that germs need water to thrive, but salt strips the germs of water, so the saltwater is the cleanest solution you can use for the neti pot. Developing a basis for this composition on Sinuses Causes was a lengthy task. It took lots of patience and hard work to develop.